By: Bella Preneta
Lemon Pie Pops
YIELD: Makes 16 to 20 (3 oz to 5 oz) ice pops
ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 5 1/4 hours
– 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
– 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon zest (from 2 to 3 medium lemons)
– 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from 7 medium lemons)
– 1 cup chilled heavy cream
– Special equipment: 16-20 (3- to 5-ounce) ice pop molds; wooden ice pop sticks
Whisk together condensed milk, zest, and juice. Beat cream until it just holds stiff peaks, then gently fold into condensed milk mixture.
Spoon into ice pop molds, stopping about 1/4 inch from top (filling will expand slightly when frozen). Tap filled molds on counter a couple of times to eliminate any air bubbles.
Put cover on molds and insert sticks, making sure they are straight (important for removing top when unmolding). Freeze until completely firm, about 4-5 hours.
To unmold, dip molds in a deep container, such as a pot of room-temperature water, letting water come to within 1/4 inch of top of molds, for 30 seconds. Remove cover and pull out pops. Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.